Notice of Race
Hosted by Bundaberg Sailing Club
18th and 19th February 2017
- Rules will be governed by the current Racing Rules of Sailing, the prescriptions and regulations of Yachting Australia and Class measurement requirements of specific classes.
- Entry is open to all OTB mono and Multihull sailing craft and Trailers Sailor/Yachts.
- Fleets will be
- Div. 1 – OTB cats and dinghies VYC>84
- Div. 2 – OTB cats and dinghies VYC<84
- Div. 3 – Trailer Sailors and Yachts
- Div. 4 – Juniors
Other fleets will be considered if sufficient entries are received. Race committee reserves the right to change divisions, min. of three boats to form a division.
- Regatta fees will be:
- Seniors – $50.00 per boat or $25.00 for one day only.
- Juniors – $20.00 per boat.
Nominations will be accepted by Email & pay cash/cheque on the day. Sorry no eftpos facilities available.
- Registration from 10:00 A.M. Saturday 18th February 2017 Briefing 12:00 P.M.
Racing Saturday 18th February 2017
- Sailing session 1 not before 13:00 P.M.
Racing Sunday 19th February 2017
- Sailing session 2 not before 10:00 A.M.
- Sailing instructions at registration and briefing before each days racing.
- Courses – Courses shall be as per briefing.
- Scoring: The low point scoring system will apply, lowest score being the winner. If 5 or more races are held there shall be one drop. Race committee reserves the right to apply YV yardsticks to boats in the regatta.
- Safety Regulations
A sign-on/sigh-off sheet will be provided at the club house. Skippers need to sign-on for the day and sign-off at the end of the last race of the day. Skippers failing to legibly sign-on prior to the first warning signal, or failing to sign off within one hour of their last finishing time, may be scored as a DNS or DNF, respectively without a protest hearing.
A boat which retires from a race shall notify Race Control as soon as possible.
- Saturday Night Entertainment: The clubhouse and bar will be open after racing. Dinner will be available.
Sunday breakfast will be available.
For catering please contact Rod Daley prior to Thursday 25th February 2016
- Prizes: will be presented in accordance with the number of competitors in each fleet. Presentation – post race Sunday at the Bundaberg Sailing Club.
- Disclaimer of Liability – Competitors participate in the event at their own risk. Rule 4 Decision to race states “The responsibility for a boat’s decision to race and continue racing is hers alone”.
- No responsibility will be accepted by Bundaberg Sailing Club Inc. sponsors, members, volunteers or any other persons connected to the event for material damage or personal injury or death, during, prior to or after this event.
- Fee free camping sites and full use of amenities available at the BSC.
- For more information please contact Vice Commodore Rod Daley on Mob. 0418875996 or Email email@example.com or BSC at firstname.lastname@example.org